Any and all member-owners are encouraged to run for the Co-op council. Co-op council members are actively involved in shaping the direction of our co-op. As a council member, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the Co-op while offering your leadership skills and focusing on long-range, big picture ideas. You’ll work with other talented and energetic individuals and be able to make a lasting contribution to Hunger Mountain Co-op. Council members (and their partners) also receive a 10% discount off most Co-op purchases. Not sure whether it's right for you? Read more here and check out an upcoming Council meeting!
Council members are elected to three-year terms. Any member-owner in good standing can run for the Co-op council, and all member-owners are encouraged to run. In the case of a midyear opening, the council may appoint a member-owner to serve until the next election. Officers (President, Vice President, etc) are elected at the first regular council meeting.
• Make sure you are a member-owner in good standing (up-to-date with your equity payments).
In an effort to better educate new candidates about the council, we have created a list of optional activities for you to participate in.
• Attend a council information session and learn more about what it's like to serve on the Co-op council.;
• Read the Council Candidate Information Guide, also available in the exit way of the Co-op.
• Create a short video containing an elevator pitch on why you are running and what you can contribute. YouTube video link preferred.
• Review a recent council packet
• Talk with a current council member
• Attended a council meeting prior to election. The next scheduled meeting is August 28 at 5:30 pm in our community room.
Council Candidate Information Guide
Council Election Application
Learn about your Co-op council event
Contact a current Co-op council member
Co-op council resources page
Email the Co-op council
Review the Cooperative Principles