Workshops & Events
See what's happening in your community
Hunger Mountain Co-op exists to create and sustain a vibrant community of healthy individuals, sustainable local food systems, and thriving cooperative commerce. We host a variety of events, including member appreciation weekends, semi-annual truckload sales, product demos, and more. Check out the calendar below for all the details.
- 01January 1, 2020
- 03January 3, 2020https://goodmixfoods.com/
GoodMix nut and seed blends are naturopath formulated custom superfood blends, with a wide variety of ingredients packed with prebiotic fiber which promotes microbial diversity in the gut flora. These blends contain ZERO added sugars or sweeteners.
We offer a variety of product demos all through the month to give our community the chance to try new products or sample old favorites.
- 04January 4, 2020https://nofavt.org/programs/farmer-services/loan-programs/farmer-emergency-fund
We will be hosting a one-day fundraiser for the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT)’s Farmer Emergency Fund. Here’s how customers can help:
1) Shop for produce at Hunger Mountain Co-op on January 4. The Co-op will be donating 10% of that day’s produce department sales to the Farmer Emergency Fund. Co-op members can save $5 on their $25 produce purchase by presenting or requesting their member-owner coupon at the register.
2) Round up to the nearest dollar at the register. The Co-op will match all round-up donations made on January 4, doubling the amount raised for the emergency fund.
3) Donate directly at https://nofavt.org/programs/farmer-services/loan-programs/farmer-emergency-fund
The past year has been particularly challenging for Vermont farmers. NOFA-VT’s Farmer Emergency Fund supports organic and NOFA member farmers in need. The Fund provides farmers with the needed cash flow in times of an emergency, to help them recover and ultimately become more resilient farmers.
- 06January 6, 2020https://hungermountain.coop/event/council-meeting/Hunger Mountain Co-op Community Room623 Stone Cutters Way
Co-op members are invited to join the Council’s monthly meetings. The community meal begins at 5 pm, followed by the business meeting at 5:30 pm. The full agenda is available online. Please call 802.262.3202 or email to confirm your spot.
- 07January 7, 2020https://hungermountain.coop/2019/12/17/five-dollar-dinner-at-the-co-op/
Join us in celebrating food and community from 4:30-7:30 pm, with a delicious made-from-scratch meal from our deli for just $5, tax not included.
Enjoy Vermont Cassoulet – a hearty stew made with Vermont raised pork, sausage, and chicken or a vegan version prepared with organic tofu. Entrees come with organic green beans and fresh, locally made bread. All meals are gluten free, except for the bread.
Take your dinner to go or enjoy it in our riverside cafe or upstairs community room. There is no limit on the number of meals you can order. All are welcome!
Order your $5 Dinner at the deli counter. While supplies last. Seating is limited. Table sharing is encouraged. Nine percent Rooms & Meals tax and one percent Local Option tax will be added at the register. Shopping discounts (Senior, Co-op Cares, Working Members, Council & Staff) will be applied at the register.