Dear Co-op Members and Shoppers,
While each new day brings new challenges, our co-op continues to prioritize both the safety of our employees and shoppers and providing a steady supply of high-quality food for our community. It is impossible to maximize two variables at once, but I am proud of the work we are doing to optimize.
Our co-op is now open 9 am – 6 pm daily. This new schedule provides much-needed time for stocking, cleaning, and developing additional systems to serve the community.
We are working to enhance and create operating systems on the go. One of those is an enhanced cleaning regimen, which includes disinfecting all frequently-touched parts of our store multiple times a day. During peak times, we are limiting the number of shoppers in order to provide ample spacing. We are also doing our best to develop a phone order/curbside pick-up program. The logistics are daunting, but we expect that within the next week, we will be able to roll out a limited program for our high-risk shoppers. We will have more information available on that program in the coming days.
You play a critical role. For the sake of everyone’s health, we ask that you consider the following:
- Do not come to the Co-op if you are symptomatic of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Please reserve the first hour of business (now 9—10 am) for high-risk shoppers, which includes seniors and those with underlying health issues.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others.
- Shop efficiently and socialize outdoors.
- Consider ways to minimize shopping trips for your neighbors and family.
- Shop solo, including without children, to the extent possible.
- Cover your cough/sneeze, wash hands, use sanitizer, and try to touch only the products you purchase.
- Use your credit card/debit card instead of cash whenever possible.
I am humbled by the selflessness of our employees and the support of our community. If there is any silver lining so far, it’s that our mission as a cooperative has never been so critical and that our interdependence as a community so crystal clear. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we continue to do our best to respond and react to this ever-changing situation.
Kari Bradley, General Manager