Greetings from the Co-op.
It’s now been more than 100 days since the pandemic changed how our cooperative community operates. In that time, we have learned to wear masks, maintain six feet separation from each other, and follow all of the other safety measures while we shop, work, and interact. What has not changed is our community values. More than ever, I see the evidence that we prioritize health, good food, local economy, and kindness. I hope that you are seeing that too even if it’s from a distance and we can’t see each other smile.
Have you taken a look at our Curbside Pick-Up program? We created it on the fly to provide a safe, low-contact shopping experience for as many members as possible. A few of the highlights:
- Our website now offers over 450 products, and we are adding dozens of new items each week; this week, we added Misty Knoll chicken, Pete & Gerry’s eggs, and a wide variety of fresh produce items, chips, and spices.
- Orders are ready for pick-up between 7:30 to 8:30 am Tuesday through Saturday mornings, and we plan to add more pick-up times soon for your convenience.
- Picking up is simple: you pull up to the front of the Co-op, and we load your groceries into your vehicle.
- Orders are due by 5 pm the day prior to pick-up and you can order up to a week in advance.
- To date, we have had nearly 400 members participate,and the response has been positive.
If Curbside Pick-Up interests you, please visit our website, place an order, and let us know what you think. We are excited to make this a safe, simple, and convenient shopping experience for you.
With warmer weather, reduced State restrictions, and more people getting back to work, we are seeing a corresponding increase in the number of shoppers visiting the Co-op. In response, we will be extending our hours of operation to 7 pm beginning June 1. Shortening the hours has been very helpful in isolating employees and managing our workload, but we understand there needs to be a workable balance to meet the needs of busy shoppers.
Grocery shopping is a necessity, but we ask everyone to shop intentionally. For the sake of employee and shopper safety, we ask that you:
- Plan your shopping trips so that you are visiting the Co-op only as often as you need to.
- Bring a list to help shop efficiently.
- Shop alone to the extent possible.
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth while inside the store.
- Minimize socializing inside the Co-op.
We are so appreciative of all the effort, patience, and kindness that the Co-op community has shared with us. Thank you for your support and for helping to keep all of us safe.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Kari Bradley, General Manager