So much has changed since the last time we celebrated the winter holidays. We have all had to adapt to new practices at home and in public, individually and as a co-op. So far, our co-op community has responded very well. As the 2020 holiday season approaches, we are fully committed to providing a safe shopping experience, and this guide lays out our approach.
We want your holidays to be special and safe. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
What We Are Doing:
- Our Curbside Pick-Up program features 5,000+ products and expanded pick-up options.
- We have further reduced the number of shoppers inside to provide adequate spacing.
- Our hours of operation have expanded to 8 am–8 pm daily through December.
- The 9–10 am hour continues to be reserved for high-risk shoppers, including seniors and those with underlying health conditions.
- During the high-risk hour, the number of shoppers in the store will be limited to 30.
- We’ve decreased the number of displays typically in our aisles to provide more space while adding additional placements of our most popular items, like milk and butter.
- We will continue to provide hand-sanitizer, masks, and gloves for those who need them and continue our regular disinfection routines.
- We will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27 to provide our staff with a much-deserved break.
We all play a role in keeping our community healthy. We ask that you consider:
- Shopping online through our Curbside Pick-Up program
- Creating a shopping list to help shop efficiently
- Stocking up early on your holiday favorites
- Shopping earlier or later in the day, or on Sundays (See our real-time occupancy counter)
- Shopping alone to the extent possible
- Visiting the Co-op only as often as you need to
- Minimizing your socializing while shopping
Pick-Up Info for Special Order Turkeys & Pies
- We are no longer taking orders for Thanksgiving turkeys or pies.
- Turkey and pie pick-up will take place outside under a tent in the Vermont State Colleges parking lot located next to the Co-op at 575 Stone Cutters Way.
- Pick-up times will be from 10 am–6 pm on Nov. 22 and 23 and from 8 am–7 pm on Nov. 24 and 25.
- When picking up, please stay in your car. A staff member will greet you and locate, price, and bring your turkey and pie to you.
- Have your debit or credit card ready for payment. If you prefer to pay with cash or check, once you have your turkey, you will need to move your car into our parking lot and pay inside the store.
- Picking up your turkey and pie can be combined with your Curbside Pick-Up order for the safest possible shopping experience. Select a Curbside Pick-Up time that matches our turkey and pie pick-up times (see days and times above), and we will have your Curbside Pick-up order waiting for you at our turkey tent.
Shop Online & Pick-Up Curbside
Our Curbside Pick-Up program offers over 5,000 of the Co-op’s products online. Our goal is for your experience to be as easy, convenient, and safe as possible.
How does it work?
- Hunger Mountain Co-op members can order online anytime. Pick-up times are available seven days a week between 11 am and 7 pm.
- There are no additional fees for ordering online.
- When you arrive at the Co-op to pick up your order, pull up past the front doors to the designated parking spots. Call the number on the sign and let us know your name and the spot where you are parked. We will retrieve your order and place it in the trunk or hatch for you.
- Please note: Saturday, Nov. 21 through Wednesday, Nov. 25, Curbside Pick-Up orders will be picked up under our turkey tent at 575 Stone Cutters Way.
If our Curbside Pick-Up program does not meet your needs, let us know. You can also consider making a list and having someone come into the store to shop for you. They may use your member number with no special accommodations.
Stocking Up on Holiday Staples
In stock now: Cranberry sauce, stuffing, broth, flour, butter, chestnuts, crispy onions, frozen corn and peas, frozen vegan feasts, and most importantly, Lake Champlain Chocolate Turkeys!
Most of our nogs have arrived, including Organic Valley egg nog, Rogers’s Organic egg nog Califia almond nog, So Delicious coconut nog, and Silk soy nog. Strafford egg nog will arrive on 11/18. We also have Lake Champlain holiday chocolates, Laughing Moon truffles, GoodLight Chanukah candles, and various advent calendars are all available now as well.
Other Holiday Planning Resources
- Check out the latest sales before you shop
- Wondering how busy the store is? See our real-time occupancy counter.
Making the Thanksgiving meal for the first time, or maybe the first time in a long time? Here are some meal planning tips:
Looking for gift inspiration? Here are ideas for personalized gift baskets.