Becoming a Vendor
Over 500 Vermont vendors and growing
Last year, Hunger Mountain Co-op experienced $24.4 million in sales, 40% of which was from the sales of local products. We currently work with over 500 local vendors and have more than 3,000 local products on our shelves. We look forward to connecting with you!
We define local as anything grown or value-added in the state of Vermont or within 100 miles of our Co-op. Value-added refers to the enhancement of a product by a company before the product is offered to customers.
We emphasize natural foods and products that support the health of our customers and community. Our buyers consider the environmental impacts of the production, distribution, and use of the products.
Our buying decisions are informed by the principles outlined in our mission. We strive to carry a wide variety of high-quality products that are wholesome, produced in an environmentally sound and socially conscious manner, and available at a fair price. By carrying these products, we can support local producers and help build a sustainable food distribution system.
In our buying decisions, we therefore give preference to products that are:
• Grown and produced by local or regional vendors
• Grown and produced organically
• Produced without genetically modified organisms or hormones
• Certified fair trade and/or produced by cooperatives
• Packaged with minimal, recycled and/or recyclable packaging
• Humanely raised in the case of meat, eggs, and dairy products
Read our Buying Policies