Workshops & Events
See what's happening in your community
Hunger Mountain Co-op exists to create and sustain a vibrant community of healthy individuals, sustainable local food systems, and thriving cooperative commerce.
We host a variety of events, including product demos led by our demo coordinator and many of our local vendors, educational wine & cheese tastings, tabling with area nonprofits, Co-op council meetings, and more. Check out the calendar below for all the details.
Our Co-op also curates workshops as part of our mission to educate the community, offering diverse learning opportunities while holding presenters accountable for providing information that is informative and well-researched. Workshops are free unless otherwise noted and are typically held in our upstairs Community Room, with access to a freight elevator upon request. Space is limited and pre-registration is encouraged. To reserve a seat for any of our workshops, use the online registration form here, sign up on the bulletin board in our exit way, or call us at 802-262-3242.
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic/subject, a class or lecture, or an activity that you would be interested in or feel our community would like to attend, let us know here. If you are interested in possibly presenting or leading a workshop in the future, please review and submit the application found here.
- 11August 11, 2019No events
- 12August 12, 2019No events
- 13August 13, 2019No events
- 14August 14, 2019
- 15August 15, 2019Montpelier City Hallhttps://www.montpelieralive.org/153/Hunger-Mountain-Co-op-Brown-Bag-Concert-?fbclid=IwAR3tujs_N0mVgFwcEjKuL-LNmr1atGgEd42BPFx-kJ_kSbaMZJHMu9rbmG839 Main Street
The Hunger Mountain Co-op Brown Bag Summer Concert Series is Montpelier Alive’s series of FREE and fun lunchtime concerts! Join us for a diverse lineup of local and regional acts that are sure to delight! Bring a lunch from one of our wonderful downtown restaurants and enjoy!
All concerts at noon in City Hall Plaza (39 Main Street).
- August 1: Robin Gottfried Band, sponsored by VSECU
- August 8: East Bay Jazz, co-sponsored by Central Vermont New Directions Coalition and Wilschek Iarrapino Law Office, PLLC
- August 15: The Revenants, co-sponsored by Members Advantage Community Credit Union and Capitol Copy
- August 22: Alex Smith, co-sponsored by Bear Pond Books and Capitol Grounds Cafe & 802 Coffee
- August 29: Lara Herscovitch, sponsored by Capitol Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
- September 5: Araba-Lon, co-sponsored by Community National Bank and The Bridge
- September 12: Green Mountain Swing, sponsored by Capitol Stationers
- September 19: Patti Casey and Colin McCaffrey, sponsored by Woodbury Mountain Toys
- September 26: Dave Keller, sponsored by Edward Jones
We offer a variety of product demos all through the month to give our community the chance to try new products or sample old favorites.Hunger Mountain Co-op Community Roomhttps://hungermountain.coop/event/get-to-know-your-co-op-sustainable-shopping-workshop/623 Stone Cutters Way
With members of the Co-op’s Green Team
Learn about the Co-op’s sustainability efforts as well as ways to become a more environmentally responsible consumer. Includes a tour of our recycling and composting practices and a chance to win a pair of yoga blocks made from recycled corks!
Space is limited and registration in advance is suggested. Reserve your spot by using the easy online form here, emailing us at email@example.com, or calling us at 802-262-3202 .
All workshops are FREE and held in the Hunger Mountain Co-op community room unless otherwise noted, with access to a freight elevator upon request.
- 16August 16, 2019
- 17August 17, 2019No events