Dear Co-op Members and Shoppers,
All Co-op shoppers are now required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while inside the store. Those who arrive without a covering will be offered a paper mask, although our supplies are limited, so please bring your own. We will refuse service to those who choose not to comply. Co-op employees and vendors are also required to wear face coverings.
Face coverings are strongly recommended by the CDC and Vermont Department of Health. While not a substitute for maintaining six-foot distancing, regular hand-washing, and other safety measures, they provide a significant degree of added protection from the spread of COVID-19. They are considered particularly useful for protecting others if you are infected and don’t realize it. Wearing a mask in public also provides a degree of psychological comfort to those around you during this time.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation with this requirement and our Shopper Code of Conduct. Together we can provide a safer shopping and working environment for all.
Kari Bradley, General Manager
Shopper Code of Conduct
Help us flatten the curve. For the sake of everyone’s health, we ask the following:
- Do not come to the Co-op if you are symptomatic of COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering that covers both your nose and mouth.
- Reserve the first hour of business (9–10 am) for high-risk shoppers, which includes seniors and those with underlying health issues.
- Maintain at least six-foot distance from others.
- Shop efficiently and socialize outdoors.
- Consider ways to minimize shopping trips for yourself and your neighbors and family.
- Shop solo, including without children, to the extent possible.
- Cover your cough/sneeze, wash hands, use sanitizer, and try to touch only the products you purchase.
- Use your credit card/debit card instead of cash whenever possible.